Website Recovery & Restoration
- In the unfortunate event of a website being compromised or destroyed by a hacker or if unforeseen data loss occurs, we can restore the integrity of your site and recover your content.
- Because every scenario is different, we provide custom quotes before initiating any website recovery.
Cleaning Out Hacked Websites
- If hackers, spambots or other cybercriminals gain access to your website, they will try to promote their sinister intentions to gain influence or create illegal income.
- As part of a professional website recovery, our experienced technicians can contain the effects of being under attack, isolate the rogue files and then thoroughly clean out your website to restore site health.
Start a Project Now
Our Website Recovery Options offer transparent pricing, amazing inclusions & a fast turnaround. For a complete Website Security Audit and a list of recommendations, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Get The Ball Rolling
It’s over to you and we are looking forward to hearing from you.
- To stop recovered websites from being re-infected or to prevent security incidences from occurring in the first place, it is a best practice to perform an overall hardening of your website’s security setup.
- Effective access control, the elimination of known vulnerabilities and regular security updates are the pillars of a sound security strategy.
Online Reputation Management
- A hacked website does not go unnoticed by search engines and they will try to steer their audience away from compromised sites.
- The resulting warning messages, demoted rankings or a complete removal have a major impact on your site’s performance.
- After successful website recovery, we connect with the search engines, request a review and completely restore the online reputation of your site.
Website Recovery Is What We Do
We provide the Coffs Harbour region with website recovery services for hacked or malware-infected sites. We also rescue misconfigured or deleted sites, even if back-ups were not working. When others run out of options, our experienced website security technicians have the knowledge and tools at their disposal to provide relief.
Frequently Asked Website Recovery Questions
Suspect a hack? Stay calm and take a logical approach to minimise damage. Moreover, recognise specific Indicators of Compromise (IoCs) like blacklisting, disabled websites, poor functionality, malware flags, and unauthorised actions. Remember, not all hacks are equal. So, to minimise the damage and restore things to normal, contact us asap.
Keep calm. Facing a website security issue can be stressful, but remember, recovery is possible despite potential financial and brand setbacks. So, compose yourself to regain control and restore your online presence. To effectively communicate your situation with us, document your experience, noting the hack signs, the time, and the timezone. Also, record recent actions like plugin installations or theme changes. This incident report will be crucial. Finally, don’t forget to include host environment details, as they’ll be needed during the incident response process.
Scan Your Website
It’s best to utilise external remote scanners and application-level scanners to detect issues. Combining different scanning methods improves detection rates.
Scan Your Local Environment
Scan local devices such as notebooks and desktops, as attacks may originate there. Also, run a thorough antivirus/malware scan on all operating systems.
Check with Your Hosting Provider
Consult your hosting provider regarding shared hosting vulnerabilities and hack confirmation. Additionally, you can address email blacklisting by considering providers like Microsoft Online Exchange. (Talk to us about premium hosting)
Create a Backup
If you lack a website backup, creating one now is crucial. Plus, regularly back up databases and files. Before cleaning, take an additional snapshot of the environment to reference in case of catastrophic failure.
Identifying and eliminating a hack is a challenge. The steps you must take vary based on factors such as symptoms and your technical skills. For instance, consider reinstalling specific elements without affecting your website’s core instead of purging everything. Also, ensure you use the same software version to avoid breaking your site. In addition, be diligent in updating and replacing files in the wp-content folder, which houses theme and plugin files. Finally, pay attention to the .htaccess file, a common target for hackers, located in the installation folder or other directories. Remember, altering these files can negatively impact page requests, making them prime targets for malicious activities. We suggest you contact us asap and let the professionals carefully and efficiently restore your site.
Beware of Website Blacklists.
Google’s blacklist negatively impacts brands by warning users about affected websites. With thousands of sites blacklisted daily (around 10,000), addressing potential issues is essential. Other blacklist entities include Bing, Yahoo, and various antivirus applications.
Register your site with webmaster consoles, such as:
Google Search Console
If you can’t log into your WordPress admin panel, don’t panic. A hacker may have taken over as Administrator. So, reset your password or directly access the database to modify user credentials. After detecting a hack, secure your website by performing a global password reset, especially for administrators. Plus, remove active users by updating secret keys, forcing any logged-in users off the system. Contact us if you need assistance.
After cleaning your site, update WordPress to the latest version, as older ones are more vulnerable.
Strengthen Access Controls
Passwords are crucial but only part of the solution. Improve access control with complex, long, and unique passwords. Use a password generator and manager app. Update access points, including FTP/SFTP, WP-ADMIN, CPANEL, and MYSQL, for all users. Consider implementing two-factor or multi-factor authentication.
Change passwords again!
After ensuring your site is clean, change passwords again using complex, long, and unique combinations. Consider updating database user accounts and passwords, but let experts handle this to avoid site issues.
Understanding how attackers breached your site is crucial to prevent future issues. However, website owners may struggle with this analysis due to technical knowledge or data limitations.
Contact us at any time for immediate assistance.
Secure your site
Now that your site has been successfully recovered, we suggest you implement some (if not all) of the recommended security measures.
Are you using version control or automatic backups?
If you are using version control or automatic backups, it can be convenient to identify what has changed quickly and roll back to a previous website version.
There are some interesting articles about website security on our blog.