A web designer is an expert in HTML, CSS, SEO, graphic design and website usability. They don’t just create websites; they create art. Web designers take the ideas of their clients and transform them into stylish, eye-catching, perfectly working sites. They do all this while following strict coding principles.
10 Web Designer Facts
- Web designers never shy away from a challenge. It is typical for them to be reading and testing their skills. They are always enthusiastic about completing their tasks.
- While trying to predict what regular internet users like and dislike web designers try to think the way clients do. In many cases experienced designers use polls to test changes to the page to determine which changes produce positive results.
- Web designers are very observant people. They can often see small inaccuracies and discrepancies that most people wouldn’t notice; for example, if a colour is slightly different. They also recognise that something is just two pixels smaller or bigger than it should be.
- A web designer will always try their best to fulfil their client’s wishes. However, taking on board your designer’s input and ideas can lead to design solutions that perhaps you have not considered. Where possible, give your web designer creative freedom.
- Most web designers insist on good design. Some will spend their own time making sure everything is just right. This sometimes means cutting into their day off and getting no extra pay.
- They try their best to understand the language of each individual client. Also, they strive to deliver what their customers are looking for.
- Web designers are devoted to their job and enjoy talking about their work. They love listening to you and answering your questions.
- Even though most communication takes place via phone or email, a web designer enjoys meeting their clients face-to-face. This allows them to better gauge their client’s personalities and come up with personalised web design solutions.
- For a web designer, there can never be too much coffee.