If you’ve got a small business that could benefit from some marketing love, here are a few tips on increasing its reach. After all, getting lost in the crowd is easy when you work online. However, the good news is that heaps of great techniques can help your business stand out from the rest and build an audience of loyal customers. So, if you’re a Coffs Harbour-based small business with an online presence, here are some of the best ways to boost your regional town marketing efforts.
Know your Customers
The first step in successful regional town marketing is to know your customers. You need to understand what they want, what they need and who they are. Moreover, the more you know about your customer’s demographics (age, gender and location), the better you can target them with online campaigns that speak directly to their needs. Behavioural data is also helpful because it tells us how people interact with a brand: what websites do they visit regularly? How often do they buy products from this particular retailer?
Regional Town Marketing Localised SEO
Localised SEO is one of the best ways to market your business in a regional town like Coffs Harbour. So, to rank highly in Google’s organic results, you need to use the right keywords. Keywords are words and phrases people type into search engines for information about a particular product or service. Then, incorporate those keywords into your online content. Ultimately, if you get the right local keywords, you’ll appear higher on search engine rankings pages (SERPs). So, for example, if you’re a hairdresser in Coffs Harbour who offers men’s haircuts, in your content and marketing, include phrases such as ‘Coffs Harbour Men’s Hairdressers’ and Men’s hairdresser in Coffs Harbour. It’s simple; this way, people searching for men’s hair salons will be more likely to find yours!
The trick here is finding relevant keywords and creating valuable content around them. As a result, users stay engaged with what they’re reading long enough to get curious about what else this business might offer.
Establish a Vibrant Organic Social Media Presence
Social Media can be a fantastic way to improve your regional town marketing. Some of the most effective include:
- Present company and employee news and events online. Events might include new products or services, office openings, or awards won by employees. This will help build relationships with customers who are interested in what you have to offer.
- Create content that resonates with your target audience. The goal is not just to post something but to create engaging posts that people want to share with their friends on Facebook, Twitter (or whatever platform they use).
Regional Town Marketing Photography and Videography
To market your business in a regional town, consider the local photography and videography businesses. The benefits of using local professionals include the following:
- They know the area well, which means they can capture images that reflect the true essence of your location, brand and its products or services
- They’ll provide a better value offering
- You’ll have access to creative talent passionate about their work and the town they live in.